Shower Drain on 307

jlflynn1

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 307
I solve a problem and than find another problem. My latest issue is as follows:

I finally had the time to test the shower drain that is supposed to go to the shower “sump pump”. So I put a running hose from my dock (not too much pressure) on the floor of the head by the drain. I pulled the lid off the bow access cover by the table stand and looked down below to see if the shower sump pump would turn on. Was not sure if I was getting enough water down the drain so I filled up a 4 gallon bucket of water and poured it down by the drain. Well it drained no problem and very quickly. So I went back up to the bow hole and looked down….again, nothing turned on and the enclosed container was not filling up. So I went back to the shower hole and stuck my finger down the drain and could not feel a pipe…..then I stuck a screw driver down and it went in about 4 inches until I hit the foam! (See attached pics) So I immediately stuck a small siphon down the hole and was able to pump out a full bucket of water. But there is still some water resting on top of the foam that I cannot get out.

Long story short....how am I possible going to get under the floor of the head to re-connect the drain? The only other idea I had was somehow pulling the drain up and out and connecting a hose from up top and snaking the hose back down through the hole secured to the drain...but not sure how to keep the drain on the floor without being able to screw it down.. This is a tough one. I might be able to remove the bow access panel and go down that way and make my way back.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_9699.jpg
    IMG_9699.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_9698.jpg
    IMG_9698.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_9694.jpg
    IMG_9694.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 226

jlflynn1

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 307
No - stringer is in the way.....cannot get access to under the drain from there.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It's hard to tell from the small picture. Do you have a pic from further back? Is the drain inboard or outboard of the stringer? Anything else removable in the area? How 'bout a panel from the cabin side? If there truly is nothing, then you may have to put an access plate in that vertical section of wall (assuming the stringer isn't in the way... again, hard to tell from the pic).