Shrink vs canvas cover.

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’ve been going back and forth over the shrink wrap vs buying a fisher canvas cover. What’s the common feel here. For Jersey Shore coast, will a fisher canvas do the job fine. I’d like to hear from the guys who have canvas. How does the cover do with snow, and does the boat stay dry inside the cover.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Yup - the Fisher will do everything you want it to. Just have to weigh the cost vs shrink. Big initial outlay, but will pay for itself over time. On the hand, if you're handy, you can reuse a shrink wrap at least 3 years.

Reactions: Bdsp1234

Mad-J

Reaction score
I’ve been going back and forth over the shrink wrap vs buying a fisher canvas cover. What’s the common feel here. For Jersey Shore coast, will a fisher canvas do the job fine. I’d like to hear from the guys who have canvas. How does the cover do with snow, and does the boat stay dry inside the cover.
I am into my 4th year with the Fisher Canvas and i am very satisfied with how its holding up. on a 306 Bimini. Worth it instead of throwing money away on shrink wrap that you have 3 months out of the year

Reactions: Bdsp1234

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
With a new to me 228, I decided the canvas would pay for itself over the timeframe I expect to have the boat. After calling multiple businesses in NJ, I landed on PM Winter Boat Covers. Darren was very helpful along with Fred at Fisher Canvas.

There are multiple vents, 2x4 sleeves, and an access point so I can still work on the boat in the winter. Also, Darren offered to make any tweaks to the cover if needed when he dropped it off.

On a side note, my parents used fisher canvas over 20 years ago on a prior boat and never had any issues with it. This definitely factored into my decision and why I didn’t really hesitate.

Reactions: Heyspike

Bob Meola

Reaction score
I have a canvas cover on my boat going 15 years. If properly framed before covering you will have no problems. Costly but better then shrink wrapping every year and throw away money in spring when you rip it off

Bdsp1234

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks for the input. I’ve gotten an email from pm winter boat covers. I think that’s the route I’ll go.

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
Got a Fisher off a guy from FB for $150. Was for a Parker 2110 but fits my 204c pretty well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191106-205201_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191106-205201_Facebook.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 9

Heyspike

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
This is from Darren: My Seafarer--no pulpit, or bracket. With Bimini not hardtop.
I'm leaning toward the Westland--Fisher is a bit pricey for me.

Westland Exact-fit Custom boat covers - Westland® has over 100 years of combined experience in the marine fabric industry. We only give the Exact Fit™ name after our custom boat covers are measured, tucked, darted and approved by our pattern craftsmen. Our experience tells us the tighter the fit, the more protected your investment will be from the elements and during transportation. Westland® proudly awards our Exact Fit™ name to all of our Sharkskin™ and Sunbrella® fabrics, which are patterned for over 150 boat manufacturers from our sister company Great Lakes Boat Top. Rope (NOT stretch cord) sewn into hem to pull tight to secure cover. Two vents included to decrease moisture and mildew build up. Loops double sewn in an offset "V" for strength and less strap twisting. Includes 12 black nylon straps with adjustable quick release buckles. 3 great materials to choose from:
5 year warranty Sharkskin Plus: $438.00, free shipping
7 year warranty Sharkskin SD Supreme:$579.00, free shipping
10 year warranty Sunbrella:$748.00, free shipping

Windstorm boat cover - semi-custom cover. Water proof and breathable material. MicroPore fabric promotes mildew resistance and makes this cover the fastest drying cover on the market. Excellent cover for trailering and storage. Heavy duty shock cord sewn into fabric for snug fit. Free storage bag and free tie-down kit including. Your choice of 12 colors.
7 year warranty.
$488.00, free shipping

Windstorm Sunbrella boat cover
- made from marine grade 9.25oz Sunbrella material. 100% solution dyed acrylic fabric. Sunbrella is a heavy-duty breathable fabric for maximum repellency. UV and mildew resistant material. Fully trailerable, semi-custom fit. "Secure-fit" reinforced sewn-in shock cord for snug grip on hull. Cover comes with XT Pro marine tie-down straps and storage bag for the cover. Your choice of 8 long lasting colors.
Industry best 10 year warranty
$998.00, free shipping

Carver Styled-to-Fit Poly-guard – 100% marine-grade 8oz performance polyester. Highest tear strength available, strong and durable. UV and mildew resistant. Excellent resistance to fading. Extremely water repellent. Breathable to help allow interior moisture to escape. Great for trailering, mooring and storage. 1/4” strong and durable shock cord encased into hem for a snug fit. Free storage sack and tie-down straps included with cover. Available in your choice of 3 colors.
5 year warranty.
$548.00, free shipping

Carver Styled-to-Fit Sun-Dura – 100% solution-dyed 7oz marine-grade polyester. Strong and durable. UV and mildew resistant. Superior resistance to fading. Exceptional water repellency. Breathable to help allow interior moisture to escape. Great for trailering, mooring and storage. 1/4” strong and durable shock cord encased into hem for a snug fit. Free storage sack and tie-down straps included with cover. 9 colors available.
7 year warranty.
$638.00, free shipping

Carver Styled-to-Fit Sunbrella Acrylic
– 100% solution dyed 9.25oz marine acrylic. Highly UV and mildew resistant. Excellent resistance to fading and rot. Extremely water repellent. Free storage sack and tie-down straps included with cover. Available in 20 colors.
10 year warranty.
$858.00, free shipping

Fisher Custom Storage Cover - 12oz cotton army duck treated with Sunforger water repellent, which makes the cover extremely water repellent, mold and mildew resistant and breathable. Sunforger will last the life of the cover and never has to be reapplied. You can expect 8-10 seasons from your cover, however there are customers who have had their covers for 15-20 years. These are not off the shelf covers, each cover is cut and sewn to order to fit your year, make, model and options. Air vents and 2x4 pockets are sewn into cover, as needed. Fisher boat covers are made to go low on the hull, down to the waterline. There are gromments in the bow area which you do lace up. Simply the best way to protect your investment. Color is Pearl Grey.
$1238.00 - 15% discount = $1052.00, shipping TBD. 50% deposit ($526) required to put cover into production. Balance due upon completion, approx. 2-3 weeks.

All prices good for 30 days.

Please let me know if you have questions or would like to order your cover, thanks.

NJ Sales Tax will be charged if applicable.