Shurflo fresh water wash

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hello , I’m replacing my shurflo fresh water wash down pump from the original 1.6 gph 30 psi to a 2.0 gph 30 psi , wondering if that’s sufficient, on a 2000 gulfstream, pump was shot when I bought boat so I don’t know how it was before , A shower and a sink thnks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
2.0 sounds a little light compared to what I am used to seeing in Sea Ray's. They're usually in the 3.0 to 4.0 gpm range with more like 40, or even a bit more, psi. I suppose it depends on how you plan on using it. Washing hands - won't matter. Washing soap out of longer hair... more GPM and PSI is going to make everyone happier.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hey Dennis , thnks on that , I’ll double check hoses to make sure their in good shape to handle the upgrade .

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The hoses will and connectors will be fine. 40 or 50 psi is still nothing to write home about. Hoses and connectors are rated for much higher psi. If 50psi springs a leak, it just means it happened a little sooner than when it would have happened with 30psi.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Ok , on the 2000 gulfstream, I couldn’t find a deck plate or drain so I could winterize , previous owner said he siphoned it out , (no pump) ! of course . Also do you know of access to fw tank ( deck plate ) for connection with hose. I couldn’t find Thnks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Ok , on the 2000 gulfstream, I couldn’t find a deck plate or drain so I could winterize , previous owner said he siphoned it out , (no pump) ! of course . Also do you know of access to fw tank ( deck plate ) for connection with hose. I couldn’t find Thnks
Huh? Not quite sure what all you're asking.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Dukke, I read your post - but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Repeating the same thing doesn't help. Can you clarify your question? Are you saying you don't know where your tank is? It's gotta be 23' one way or the other! Is it shown in your manual?

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I screwed up on sending thread ,
Ok I know where FW tank and fill are .
I went to make sure there was no water in tank for winterizing. I tried to find some sort of drain for tank , which I could not locate , then because I took previous owner at his word that all pumps worked , (probably wouldn’t have matter cause engines and body on boat are in great shape on a 2000 some thing will need replacing and then I know what I have) . That’s what lead me to a new pump , can’t pump out water ... I couldn’t find like a deck cover type exit for the FW like the fish well or bait well has. And I am hoping hose connection to water tank is not under floor board .

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Ah, OK. I understand, now.

Without being there, looking at the boat with you, I can't say where exactly the access to the pump is - but it is usually close to the tank. It may awkward to access (things usually are in boats), but you shouldn't have to cut anything to get to it. See what is "removable" in that area... A removable portion of a seat, for example? Maybe post a few pics of the area where the tank/pump is located?

Have you verified power getting to the pump once you turn it on? Checked breaker/fuse?

You have visually confirmed that there is water in the tank?

Not all tanks have a drain - many do not. Often, the tanks have top mount fittings only... meaning the dip tube would be the "drain". If the pump isn't working, disconnect the input line at the pump (the line that comes from the tank) and use whatever type of pump you have laying around (had pump is fine) and pump/siphon the water out. It's OK if an inch or two of water remains - that will NOT cause any issues if/when it freezes. Next step would be to use that aforementioned pump and connect it to the output line. Pump non-tox AF through the systems that way. A cheap hand pump will do the job.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Yes on power to pump , pump is dead , also pump is already out and dbl checked with 12 volts , also there is power going to pump ,
Pump was located at rear of boat inside well attached to transom and one of the hoses from pump looked to travel up in middle of floor will get to look better this weekend . Thnks with the suggestion of pumping antifreeze up there , this boat is like Seabiscuit. Has some bumps and bruises , just can’t throw it away !
Thnks again

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The FRESH WATER pump is at the transom? Strange. I just looked at your owner's manual and it shows the LIVEWELL pump at the transom. Of course, the manual could be wrong - or a previous owner changed things around - but it doesn't make logical sense to have the pump so far from the tank. Are you sure you're looking at the right pump? Take a look in your manual - near the end.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
This is pump was next to live well pump

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Pic is not downloading

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Raw , would be salt water wash ?
Then yes and I made a mistake , live well pump is in back thru hull , saltwater wash is mounted on transom in well and fresh water pump shurflo 1.6 gph 30 psi was mounted next to it on transom

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Also I did see manual on a site , that showed pump close to tank by port seat , that’s why I was questioning where hose was connected to at tank , I could find any access ports

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Sorry , I couldn’t find any access ports

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
"Raw" water is technically "whatever water the boat is sitting in". So, in your case, yes - salt water.

That's really strange that the fresh water pump is back there. It's normally located as close to the tank as possible to make it easier to draw (suction) water out of the tank. Pressure is easier for pumps than suction.

Sounds like you don't really need to figure out if a previous owner moved the pump, or not. But... does that port side seat have anything removable... like a bin or a tackle box? It might be good to at least find out if it's there and whether it's still plumbed as maybe that's causing the problem.

Dukke

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I do know pump is no good , on my bench in garage , I ran pos and beg leads from a 12 volt bat and just barely a hum , but gonna have some daylight tonight so lm gonna go check into it much more , worse case , I’ll make my own access port and duplicate what they have , I’ll just stay away from water tank
Thnks Dennis