side windows on Marlin

LI Grady

Reaction score
Ok...I give up. I know there must be a very simple and seemingly but not quite idiot proof way of doing this....but I'm stumped.

I have a '90 Marlin. there is a triangular shaped vent window on each side of the helm. They are in the forward sections toward the front windshield. There is a "D" shaped handle that locks them closed and a longer piece aboe that with a handle that opens them out. I get them to open and lock closed....but

How to you get them to stay open underway? There doesn't seem to be anyway to lock them in the out/open position.

Thanks

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
When you push the window open using the plastic rod, just turn the rod until its snug in the plastic piece thats mounted on the window frame.

LI Grady

Reaction score
Thanks Gman....thats what I thought but it doesn't seem secure enough. I looked to see if it was suppose to rotate into a depression or something to catch on to. I'll check it out again. Thanks for the help

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Vent Windows

Searched and this was the closest post I could find. These vent windows, the ones with the plastic push rod and "D" shaped handle. These are fairly common on our our size boats. I'm missing one, does anyone know of a source?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
What GMAN25 wrote, the rod is not round, when it turns it deforms the stationing piece to stay tight via friction. No need for depressions/groove as it is infinitely adjustable. You do have to turn it well into friction zone. Moves easier when hot out since plastic softens.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Tucker, I presume you mean latch.

There used to be a GW dealer in the carolinas but went out of business (Croakers?) who had a well stocked website or parts as I ordered a pair as spares and some other goodies.

Check with your local Grady dealer they should be able to order it for you.

Taylor Marine I believe makes a similar one - sells in West Marine that has a nothed rod, may have to redrill for mounting, worth looking into if GW does not offer OEM any longer.