Sign of the times

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
I visited the Grady dealer, Lockwood Marine, in Jacksonville yesterday while on vacation @ Amelia Island. They had a showroom full of boats with many left over 2008 models. I spoke to the only salesman/general manager, Grant Droogsma, who could not have been nicer or more hospitable. He was extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. The only problem was he made it very clear to me that Lockwood would be making a decision by September about whether to keep that store open or not. He said they had already discussed whether he would transfer to the Shellman's Bluff store if they closed. I know things are tough now but it seems like a town the size of Jacksonville could support a GW franchise. This would be the second GW operator in J'ville to close in the last three years. If I remember correctly, Lockwood only took over in J'ville two years ago from Crews N Two.
The good news for their J'ville owners is that Grant said they planned to continue to contract with Palm Cove Marina to service the owner body they have in J'ville.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I bought my 228 G in March from Lockwood at Shellman Bluff and Eric Kelly, who sold me my first Grady from G&G when they were in Edgewater Florida, really does a great job. I was seriously looking at the Tournament 275 with twin f150s which as down in their Jax location, but the financing fell through ( stinks being a small business owner in this economy, banks are not keen on us). The 228 was what the financing would allow :? ...anyway, they Lockwood had a 3rd location down in Brunswick which is in limbo as I understand it. Met the owners Jerry and his wife Michelle very nice people.

They had my 192 sold within 3 days of me trading it in. Used boats they are moving fairly well in this economy.