Signing off...

greyg8r

Reaction score
As many of you know, I have had a couple of cardiac issues over the last two years; a blocked cardiac artery which necessitated a stent implant in Nov. '06 and a dilatated aortic root that necessitated a replacement ascending aorta on April 4.

Although I was already into a lifestyle and fitness mode prior to the '06 incident, it really motivated me to focus on fitness and my high fitness level was a main reason I was in the Mayo Clinic for only 3 days following open chest aorta surgery. On the first night, I woke up to the nurse and a cardiologist discussing my low heart rate, which was 52 at the time. The Dr. wanted to bump it up as it seemed dangerously low to him (he does not treat many fit people in a cardiac ward). The nurse told him that I had told her (I don't remember this conversation) that I was a triathlete and that my resting heart rate was 51 (it is actually 48).

Because of my emphasis on fitness and my newfound love for triathlons (I have completed 2 sprints, am scheduled for another sprint in September, my first Olympic length in October and a Half-Ironman in March) and the time involved for training (1 - 2 hours / day), combined with the rising price of fuel, combined with lowered fishing limits and closed seasons in the Gulf of Mexico, I decided to sell my Grady and stay inshore with my '88 Boston Whaler Montauk.

I am sure the new owner of Margaritaville will be checking in.

Thanks for everything.

Richard

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Richard,

Best of luck on your new endeavors, but why not check back from time to time, and let us know how you're doing. Your contributions to this forum would continue to be enjoyed, and benefit otehrs who come to Great Grady as new owner.

No need to sign off just because you sold your Grady!

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Rich, I agree with Bill... please stay in touch. And best of luck in your tri-athlete events. That's one heck of s schedule you cut out for yourself.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Richard: You are an example to live by - litterally. Best of luck to you and I do hope you check back once in a while.

Rob

wilson

Reaction score
later bro, i remember running 1/2 marathons and a bunch of 10ks in school but my knees are shot and i can't run to the bathroom now!!! don't worry that whaler will provide plenty of good days on the water. take care and check in with post times and i'll see you on tv for the iron man? your friend..wilson.