Silicone Caulking

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good source for the silicone caulking used to seal the deck joints on a Grady? I know it is almond colored and have tried West Marine, Lowes and Home Depot. Lowes had a few small containers but they were tooth-paste like, squeeze tubes designed to seal cracks in bathroom tiles.

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Buy GE Silicone 2 in Almond color.(9.8fl oz) Fits in a caulking gun...both available at Home Depot or Lowes

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Always use fresh tube when applying, it's cheap enough.

As it gets older, the silcone can still flow partially but gel up way too fast to reach deep and seal properly, been there done that.

seasick

Reaction score
Find the GE Silicone bathroom caulk in almond if you can. It will greatly reduce the development of mold.

greenhabah

Reaction score
I used the Bathroom caulk and it yellowed in the sun in the first year.
Last winter I used the window and door on the other hatch and it seems to be holding up better.

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
FWIW

According to the folks at GE silicones, GE KB supreme, silicone ll, (it's the one in the gold tube), is the same stuff as GE 1700 (which is what Grady uses) only packaged this way for consumer use. Just passing on the info from GE. Home Depot carries it in clear and white but I had to have them order the almond, which they did and only took 2 days to get in. I've seen it at Lowes in stock or it's all over the internet. I think I paid about $7ish/tube.

Reactions: rifraf4u