SIMRAD AP28

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Guys i need help. I tried to install the AP28 today and the instructions are not that friendly. Anybody did the same or AP24 and can give me some pointers? My major problem is the steering pump. I have the rest of the system installed but it says i have to cut steering lines and install T's ?
I never did something like that before, i always install my electronics but never installed an auto pilot. HELP

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I wasnt crazy about cutting my hydro lines so I decided to install fittings behind the helm that allowed me to "T" the lines together behind the helm. A few pics so you can get the idea. Also I purchased all of the fittings and hoses from Moreland Hose on Sunrise Hwy in Oakdale. They will have everything you need.

marlin%20043.jpg

marlin%20044.jpg

marlin%20045.jpg

marlin%20049.jpg

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gman, thanks for the pics. This is what i was thinking also, but i don't have easy access behind the helm, so i was thinking what about were they enter into the boats pump? Now, those are interested fittings, are they 3/8" ?

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think they are 3/8...If your not gonna connect behind the helm then I dont think it would be a problem to cut the line where it would be an easy access. I never cut a hydro line so I cant offer too much advise but I would guess you will need a high quality crimp.