SIMRAD NSS EVO 3 Trip Intel HELP

Patsy Mac

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Repowered my 1998 with a Yamaha F250. Installed a SIMRAD EVO3 NSS 9 and a Fuel Data Manager, with Yamaha MFD style guages. The Trip Intel app worked great first trip, showing Fuel Range, and measuring Fuel Economy and storing consumption data. Last three trips it does not record. NMEA Network looks good, shows the FDM as a device, as well as the Fuel Gage Sender from the Yamaha gauge. Vessel Setup is set to Fuel Remaining Measurement - Fuel Consumed by Engine. Any ideas on how to get the Trip Intel Fuel capability to work again? I swapped the FDM with a brand new one, and no change. SIMRAD Tech Support has been less than helpful, or quick to respond, in spite of me sending them multiple screen shots of configs. Thanks all.

Patsy Mac

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hookup1 , Thanks for the quick response. Being new to Simrad, can you offer just a little more detail please? Master Reset of the EVO3? OR the FDM on the device list? Much appreciated.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Also check if it’s set to auto-start recording a trip. I switched mine to manual and made the start/stop if the trip part of my launch/retrieval routine.

Maybe disable the fuel sender input and run off of only the “fuel consumed”?

You can try calling instead of emailing Simrad; I’ve had better luck speaking to one of their technical support people.

Reactions: Patsy Mac

B-Shell

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 307
I would also check for current software upgrade. I lost my depth showing from any screen but the sounder on my Evo 3. After update all worked again. Electric bugs can be frustrating.

Reactions: Patsy Mac