Sink Fittings

FirstTimeGrady

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
2004 Grady 330:
The sink in the head, had a leak on the hot water fitting. Of course trying to fix it by tightening it, the entire fitting stripped and came off.

Does anyone have a source for this fitting, everything I found has Tapered pipe threads, the threads on the sink faucet is 3/8" NPS (Straight.)

Thanks

Edit: The picture is incorrect where it says 1/2" NPS, the fitting is actually 3/8" NPS.
1637729859960.png

1637730015831.png

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
I would think that a tapered female fitting when screwed on a straight fitting would seal as long as sufficient tape or sealant is used. Easy to try.
A second approach would be to use a 3/8 compression to 1/2 NPT flexible line ( normally used on faucets). On the NPT side, use a female to barbed plastic fitting

FirstTimeGrady

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I would think that a tapered female fitting when screwed on a straight fitting would seal as long as sufficient tape or sealant is used. Easy to try.
A second approach would be to use a 3/8 compression to 1/2 NPT flexible line ( normally used on faucets). On the NPT side, use a female to barbed plastic fitting

Thanks, I did find a brass tapered fitting at home Depot. I was only able to get about 2 turns, I'll keep looking for a straight fitting, I may try the tapered if I can't find anything. Thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
Maybe check with GW for their source or try a local plumbing supply shop. I'm guessing they could give you ideas.

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I had to replace some as well. OEM for GW was Scandvik. I bought some extras and other parts like cockpit sprayer. They sell replacement parts to public, but others new fixtures go thru their dealers.

Reactions: FirstTimeGrady

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
You may have luck at Home Depot. Some of the braded hoses have flat washers like a garden hose in them that will seal to the end of the faucet. From there you have to figure out the other end.