Sirius Satellite Radio problem

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
While trying to get the service on my Sirius radio hooked up in my boat, my Kenwood stereo is saying "ant error" which I am assuming is antenna error and the signal that the operator at Sirius is sending is not going through and my service is not being hooked up????? Anybody else have this problem hooking up their Sirius service?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Do you have a sirius satelite antenna hooked up ?

That's how I interpret it.

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
That usually means it cant find the antenna.. Caused by poor connection at the back of the radio, break in the line, or perhaps a bad antenna.
Suggest first trying to check/wiggle, push the antenna connection at the back of the radio..
even if your subscription has not been activated you should get one test channel to verify things are working. If it is a stand alone sirius antenna there is no fuse in line.

Southern Hunter

Reaction score
Sirius

My mechanic came today for a few odds and ends, and found that the antenna is indeed bad, and it came that way from Grady......so he's coming back in 2 weeks to replace the antenna and add the XM weather reciever to my Garmin 4212. Sweet thing is that it will be replaced by them free of charge because it is being warrantied by Grady. I was also having problems with the headliners in my cabin, the glue that they put on them at the factory to keep them in place simply does not stand up to South Louisiana heat and the headliners were starting to sag. I contacted my dealer and they got with Grady and they fixed that for me today and that was warrantied as well.......so far these people are really taking care of me and im pretty impressed!!!