Sitex CVS 106 (older model) question

Bust it Big

Reaction score
I have an older Sitex sounder (came on a 1998 Grady) and have the operation manual but can't find any info on my question. The unit I have has a separate toggle for a narrow or wide beam that the transducer is plugged into and then a another cable that plugs into the unit.

My question is...how do I change the frequency? The manual says that it has 50, 120, and 200 but does not say how to isolate each frequency. Does the wide/narrow beam represent the 50 vs. 200 frequency. If so, what happens to the 120 Freq. even though it is a little older I know it is a good unit according to everyone I talk to about it. Love some help this evening so I can go play with it a little tommorrow. Thanks.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Others correct me if I'm wrong, there were different transducers offered, not just one. The buyer had to specify it, the head unit is the same.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I think different ones were sold, the freg was marked on a sleeve on the wiring. I didn't have a thruhull on my 106, I had the transom mount, and that's how it was.

If I'm off on this one / you don't get a better answer here, go to the THT (thehulltruth.com) site, Electronics forum - I'm sure you will.

jehines3

Reaction score
I have the 106 and there were a few offered from the information I have. I have a standalone 50 and a standalone 200 for the 106. jh

fearnofish

Reaction score
i loved that unit on the old boat. i always thought the toggle switch the frequency from 50 to 200 i know when my wiring went bad i took the toggle out wired straight to the unit which left it in what i thought was 200.. oh yeah i had a transom mount transducer

greenhabah

Reaction score
My 106 has the 120 transducer. My uncle has one with the toggle to go between 50 and 200, I believe. I know mine says it is 120 on the cable. Both units have transom mounted transducers.