ski Pylon, who has one?

Reaction score
All the photos i see it looks low, looks like the rope would rub on the top cover of the motor. For now i bought a bridle... even that seems to be a bit short if the skier pulls far outside the wake it looks like it will rest the cable on the back side of the motor.
l_2011-10-29_09-29-32_917.jpg

267280_p_t_640x480_image01.jpg

leek

Reaction score
I have on on a tournament 225 it works great.

Reaction score
... does it rub on the top of the outboard?... my concern is that it's going to rub the paint on the top of the motor.

leek

Reaction score
I answered your pm, no I don't have rope chafing but after looking at the picture my motor is bracket mounted so it may be slightly different. I would go to the dealer and confirm the length. They are relatively expensive also. I am in the mountains right now so I can't check but my recollection is that the bracket could be mounted at different heights.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
I also have one on my 2008 Tournament 225. On my boat the pylon is mounted on the swim platform aft of the transom because my engine is on a Gill bracket as are all the 225s. It doesn't rub the cowling on my F250 Yamaha when the engine is trimmed down in normal operating trim settings. I do know that on he smaller Freedom models the pylon may be mounted in the cockpit and that might make a difference but I would be suprised if GW would let a detail like that slip by.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... that helps a bit... still wondering if anyone on this site has a 192 with ski pylon. I was thinking of building one... If i do i might make it a bit taller i just wonder about the forces it can handle. I have thought about a tower/hardtop with rope attachment... i have yet to see a 192 with a good looking one. The boat might just be to small to make it look good.

Bama96

Reaction score
My 225 has one but it is on the rear of the transom with no issues on rubbing the cowl. Not sure what you could do to get the ski pylon a tad higher to keep it from rubbing but as said I would be surprised if Grady allowed a factory install to rub the cowl. I would call the factory.

Reaction score
that photo of your ski pylon looks much higher then it does on the 192 Freedom models...

atlgrady

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thanks for the info... that helps a bit... still wondering if anyone on this site has a 192 with ski pylon. I was thinking of building one... If i do i might make it a bit taller i just wonder about the forces it can handle. I have thought about a tower/hardtop with rope attachment... i have yet to see a 192 with a good looking one. The boat might just be to small to make it look good.
Hi there, I know this thread was 8 years ago but curious if you ever installed a ski pylon on your 192? I have a 192 and would like to install one and wanted to see if you ever did, and how it turned out? Thanks so much.

Topjimmy

Reaction score
I have had my 192 tournament since 1994 with basically the same setup except mine has a tow ring on top and stabilizer bars on each side and no it has never rubbed the top engine cowl but it is close

Last edited: