Sleeping on a Dual Console?

Cregeis

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
We currently have a 2021 Freedom 275 and would like to move up to a bigger boat that we could possible sleep on occasionally without having to give up the front bow seats. I’m thinking possibly a 325? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't know the size of that small bunk, but you should probably go and find one in person to check it out. Possibly your dealer could at least give you the interior dimensions. Two other possibiliites... have a canvas "dome" made to cover the bow like a tent and use the filler cushions to make the bed. The other would be to use an actual pop-up tent that would fit on the cockpit floor along with an inflatable mattress.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Have you taken a look at the Canyon in that size range? Neither sounds comfortable imo, but doable. If you want the Ritz you'll need an express, in the middle would be a marlin as you can have those cushions up front. I have them on my 282 and they do get used every so often on sandbar days.

Macrophylla

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
If "we" means you and a small dog and you are well under 6' tall then maybe the 325 cabin will work for you. Ours is good for kids wanting to get out of the sun or wind for a bit but I can't imagine trying to actually sleep in there (I'm 6'1 and not exactly petite)

It is a fantastic place to store cushions, fenders, extra rods and reels and a cooler but what you are looking for sounds more like the Express 330 which is a very comfortable boat for a couple or a couple with small kids.

Cregeis

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Thanks everyone, my dealer gave me the dimensions of the cabin and it is only 35” wide which probably would not be very comfortable for me, my wife and a small dog. I was hoping it would work as we love our Grady White and would love to stick with their boats.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks everyone, my dealer gave me the dimensions of the cabin and it is only 35” wide which probably would not be very comfortable for me, my wife and a small dog. I was hoping it would work as we love our Grady White and would love to stick with their boats.
Not sure if you are referring to the Marlin, Express or a DC but the cabin is much wider than 3 feet in the Marlin and Express. I have a 282 Sailfish and we have a golden retriever and all 3 can fit as long as the golden does stretch out :).

Cregeis

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
I am sorry, I should have clarified which boat I was talking about! The 35” console is in the Freedom 325. To get a wider berth, we would need to go up to a 335 or an express. We only spend two weeks a year doing our trips so it really doesn’t make sense to buy a bigger boat for the cabin when 90% of the time we don’t need it.

Reactions: Legend

paydaze77

Reaction score
i know you said 325, i have a 307 (slightly smaller) and you couldn't pay me to sleep in it by myself let alone another person..

i also take exception from sleeping 4 foot from a toilet bowl too haha