Slope Cover for 300 Marlin

LastChance

Reaction score
Our winters are pretty soggy and we thought it would be beneficial to have a proper cockpit canvas cover made up. We used a local firm called Sea Tops, based in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. Here are some photos of the project:

22181858740_3853de0236_o.jpg

The cover is designed so the boat can be run with the cover on, hence the rear window for visibility. Sea Tops was very creative in choosing a method of mounting the cover while minimizing issues caused by the pipework.

Their work is first rate.

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
very cool. can you share cost info here or pm?

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Sweet.

I'm coveting an "eyebrow awining", my crew was dripped on pretty heavy this summer from the rod holders.

LastChance

Reaction score
No Bail said:
Very nice. Please share your thoughts on the clear vinyl v. fabric.

We wanted to be able to run with the cover on, hence the rear window for visibility. I first asked about having the window removable using a zipper, but Sea Tops advised against it, saying zippers on flat surfaces tend to leak. The window is sewn in permanently. A secondary advantage of the window is that it lets light in. Also, the alarm system strobes are easily seen from the rear of the boat.

They used Sunbrella rather than Top Gun as I'm told it breathes better.

LastChance

Reaction score
Angler Management said:
Sweet.

I'm coveting an "eyebrow awining", my crew was dripped on pretty heavy this summer from the rod holders.

You might consider using the same sort of slide track mounted to the pipework under the hard top for fastening the front of your awning. It is robust and simplifies the issues caused by the pipework.

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Yes, I'll consider all options. I'm assuming the "slide" you mention is similar to the slide on my drop down curtains and eisenglass enclosure?

RC