Small LCD tv for cabin

Drifter80

Reaction score
I am thinking of putting a small LCD TV/DVD player in the cabin of my 226. Has anyone done this? Pictures, ideas, and suggestions welcome.

thanks

bc282

Reaction score
i stayed at a resort a week ago that had a LCD tv with built-in DVD player. it was a very slick combo and i didn't first notice that it had a built-in DVD player. The size was larger than you need (about 32") but the brand was "Insignia". I know it's not the best brand, but you can start there. I think the same brand makes a 19" combo for less than $300.

Drifter80

Reaction score
yeah, I've seen some cheap 19" TV/DVD combos on best buys website. I'm wondering how I could mount it though. All those all brackets are pretty wide, I dont have that kind of room down there.

LI Grady

Reaction score
Try doing a google search for "12 volt TV"

I did this a while ago and it came up with some interesting LCD tvs. Some where the very small type (6 inch screens) and had me thinking about adding one to the helm area on my Marlin.

Nothing better then fall Bass fishing out the back with the football game on over your shoulder

bc282

Reaction score
on the boat, i'd recommend a fixed mount or one with a swivel arm that can be locked down while underway. I've seen these before on the net and the prices are decent. In store stuff will be pretty darn $$$.

I saw a LCD TV on a 28' Pursuit WA i was looking at last summer, it had a swing/swivel mount which allowed it be used inside the cuddy and to swing out and be seen facing aft into the cockpit while the door is open.

gonefishintoo

Reaction score
I have the same boat and bought a 14" 12 volt, portable dvd player. Mainly we will watch a movie. About $135. I have it wired to my speakers on the boat so you can hear it..