Snake a network cable on a Sailfish

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi - I want to add a network to my 272-style Sailfish and will have to snake the network cable from the engines to the helm. Is snaking that cable going to be difficult?

the.devo

Reaction score
I will be replacing the transducer on my 2000 272 as soon as it arrives in the mail. I had my face stuffed in the bilge today removing the old transducer and saw that there are 2 conduits which go from the starboard side access hatch in the aft berth to just in front of the battery platform. It looked like there was plenty of space in these conduits. If you use a metal fish tape, be sure to tape the hook really well so that you don't hook anything in your travels, I have the luxury of using the old transducer cable as a pull string.

fishbust

Reaction score
When you do it, pull a string with it to leave in there for next time something has to be run. 8)

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Devo - okay, good. Thanks. I just ordered the parts.

Maybe if I am lucky, the last guy left me a string... 8)

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
All good advice.

I use weed whacker line when I leave one in there. Cotton string gets wet and starts to deteriorate.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I used a nylon fish tape I got from Harbor Freight and it worked very well overall. Lots of options there. I used the Yellow nylon rope as tracer to leave in there. Since I did that, I bet I have had to snake through this chase 6 or 7 additional times so have another second rope to pull through each time so you always have one in there. Makes life so easy with this rope!

the.devo

Reaction score
Noticed a spare conduit today when running my transducer cable. 1.5" with no other wires