Snap in carpet recommendations for older 225 Tournament

WaltL

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
The deck of my '99 Tournament is not in the greatest shape w.r.t. gelcoat staining. I'm fine with it, but my wife wants it to look nicer... We use this boat mostly for pleasure trips on the lake with our two dogs. When I fish, I'd like something I can easily remove (and clean) so don't want to go with glue down products. Snap-in marine carpet seems the best route. Can anyone recommend a supplier of quality, reasonably priced carpet for this purpose? I couldn't find anyone that makes precut panels for a 225 Tournament, but if someone knows of a supplier that does that would be just the ticket!
Thanks,
Walt

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I can't help you with the carpet, but as an FYI...

YKK makes a seld-adhesive snap fastener call SNAD... You can use them to avoid having to drill/screw the fasteners on the deck.

1709495272797.png

1709495283706.png

Reactions: WaltL

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
What's "wrt"?

Corinthian Marine is a good manufacturer to deal with - as is Snap In Carpets. Both will have the newer "vinyl weave" carpet that's been used by many manufacturers over the last 10 years in lieu of actual "carpet". LOT'S of advantages to the vinyl stuff.

Even if you did find a pre-made template... DO NOT trust that it's correct. Templates are from some other boat owner - I've seen them WRONG! Order their full size template (or their templating material) and either correct the pre-made template or just use a Sharpie marker to make your own on their templating material. Send it back then get the "new" template and double check. Once you sign off on it, it's on you.

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd look for the shortest cut pile carpet (made from plastic bottles) you can find. I'd use the screw in snaps, drill pilot so you don't crack the glass and then use a dab of 4200 on the screw/hole. Wipe away any residue. Place a sufficient quantity so they the wind won't get under the carpet, especially the forward facing section.

Reactions: WaltL

WaltL

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
What's "wrt"?

Corinthian Marine is a good manufacturer to deal with - as is Snap In Carpets. Both will have the newer "vinyl weave" carpet that's been used by many manufacturers over the last 10 years in lieu of actual "carpet". LOT'S of advantages to the vinyl stuff.

Even if you did find a pre-made template... DO NOT trust that it's correct. Templates are from some other boat owner - I've seen them WRONG! Order their full size template (or their templating material) and either correct the pre-made template or just use a Sharpie marker to make your own on their templating material. Send it back then get the "new" template and double check. Once you sign off on it, it's on you.

w.r.t. = with respect to. Thanks for the advice in templates. Good to know.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
For the last couple of seasons, I have been using a cheap machine washable area rug from Walmart for a cockpit rug. It has a rubber backing like a bathmat and doesn't slip. It folds up and has a bag it goes into. I can transition the boat from a fishing machine to a wine and cheese cruiser in seconds. It could probably be cut down for your application. it's not a custom snap in rug, but for your application may work.

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like the bath mat version if large enough for the cockpit.