So what did you do with your rusty seacocks?

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The seacock handles on my '04 grady are completely shot where the little rocker arm connect to the seacock.

Not sure if they changed this lovely choice of material, I imagine they did.

But I am in need of replacing all my Seacocks. All of them are rusted out and one already broke. I have to think alot of us have had this problem..

I put a std lever seacock on the broken one. But am now faced with the challenge of opening and close it. I can do it, but it is a reach.

The rod still seems ok, I was thinking I could drill a hole in it and bolt the rod to the arm/lever on the new seacock.

Has anyone ever tried to bolt the existing rod, to the smaller seacock levers?

Got Grady?

Reaction score
By the sea by the sea by the beaut.......
I have not done it but you convinced me of something. The seafarer I bought a few months ago had bilge cleaner used in it and the rod moves very easily and smoothly. Will have to assume since it is an 89 that bilge cleaner is good stuff and will start using it in all my boats.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Got Grady? said:
I have not done it but you convinced me of something. The seafarer I bought a few months ago had bilge cleaner used in it and the rod moves very easily and smoothly. Will have to assume since it is an 89 that bilge cleaner is good stuff and will start using it in all my boats.

What is it? You sure they have not been changesd at some point?

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The parts they were using were suppose to be SS but instead they rusted out. They have a new type of clip system which works much better. Call CS, they will likely send you the new materials.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Cap Armchair, if you are referring to the sea cock pulls, which are the stainless long rods that allow you to open and close the sea cocks, call Grady and tell them yours rusted out. They should send you a new set. You will need to lift out the deck to replace the old ones. The new rods have a clip attachment rather than a ball and socket system. If this is your problem, Grady will know right away what you are talking about. Remember if you are pulling your deck up, when you do your recaulk to put some mono in to make it easy next time.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
el jefe said:
Cap Armchair, if you are referring to the sea cock pulls, which are the stainless long rods that allow you to open and close the sea cocks, call Grady and tell them yours rusted out. They should send you a new set. You will need to lift out the deck to replace the old ones. The new rods have a clip attachment rather than a ball and socket system. If this is your problem, Grady will know right away what you are talking about. Remember if you are pulling your deck up, when you do your recaulk to put some mono in to make it easy next time.

No, it is the arm that extends from the actual seacock mechanism, to the 'sea cock pulls'. I think they were perhaps painted yellow, though hard to tell now.

I will contact Grady tomorrow, thanks-