Soft floor under the front seats.

rdeto

Reaction score
Model
Weekender
I have a 1983 205 overniter and found the floor a bit soft under my pedestal seat to the point where I can just push the seat over. The rest of the deck on the boat is solid and sturdy. Being handy myself I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and what I may be in store of when I pull the seat and rip the carpet up. Im thinking ( unknowing ) that it may just be a matter of replacing a piece of plywood.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you

Buckee

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hey Ron, that’s quite a stretch from your first message to this one! I’m new here too but have some similar issues with my Gulfstream, have read good stuff searching for things like “recoring floor panels” etc. Do some searches and you’ll find lots of info - it is not an unusual Grady issue nor an insurmountable one. Saying that, not having done the job yet...
Good luck, post pictures.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Buckee is right. Do some research. Search the forums on this site. There are quite a few posts of soft deck or deck hatch rebuilds. I don't know your boat but I would pull all the carpet and get a look at the deck. See if it is a panel that can be removed to work on.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I think you are on the right track. Likely wood cored with a glass top and wrap. Some good threads on deck repairs on the site. Not that too hard and even easier if you can salvage the top and just rebuild the underside.