Some people are unreal !!!!!

83Trophy

Reaction score
My wife doesn't understand why this bothers me, so I have to vent to fellow boaters!!!

I keep my boat about 1/4 mile from the local launch ramp. It is a medium sized canal that is lined on either side with private residences. The ramp/park also houses our local Bay Constables (who are completely useless most times).

So today I head down to ready the boat for hauling. I had to run the motors off of a portable tank as I have been having fuel issues, so I was there for a while.

I could not believe the disrespect that people heading to the ramp had towards the 5 mph law, and just in general. You would have thought Irene was chasing them down the canal! One particular boater I swear was almost on plane...so I screamed at him to slow down. I guess he felt he was doing no wrong and flipped me the bird. That's nice.

Why is it that in times like these some people turn into morons???!!! :bang

-Bob

Salinity Now

Reaction score
Bob, thats a great location I took a boat out of there while was at school in Great Neck back in late 90's.

My quick and pretty much usual thoughts on a subject like that.....its not that they "turn in" to morons, most if not all of them have always been and will continue to be morons.

Common sense and general decency is a thing of the past Im afraid.....and Im only in my 30s!!!!!

Good Luck fairing the storm, Im watching the live buoy data and tide stations as we speak from Greece, hoping my boat stays high and dry in the trailer storage lot.

CWOT

Reaction score
we have a no wake zone too, typically boats are putting down 2 footers, marine police look the other way, we have learned to live with it, it's not worth getting aggravated

kayuco

Reaction score
I thought you were referring to the idiots in Florida, multiply your channels by 50 thats the problems we deal here. Don't let them ruin your day in the water. Good luck with Irene. Kayuco

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
83Trophy, hows it going? Like kayuco says we thought you were talking about here in Florida where every sob that should not have a boat does have one! Holiday weekends are especially entertaining here in Florida and I normally avoid taking my boat out during them. And in response to what Sailfish 25 says about Grady owners, I can assure you that a ton of Gradys have wound up in the hands of the alleged morons here in the southeast. I had a fellow Grady owner inform me last year, during a holiday weekend, that the no wake signs were a violation of his constitutional rights and were merely a suggestion and not an actual regulation! And like Salinity Now states, these folks are not trained to be morons, this is a genetic defect, which is amplified when you mix them with boats and water! 8)

Rock On!

Ken