Somers Point Marina in South NJ

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Took a trip to Somers Point Marina this past week to get a few minor parts. They were very helpful and service-oriented. Didn't spend a whole lot there, but the experience was good and I would not think twice about going back. Of course, Andy gets the biz for the big ticket items...

merlin25

Reaction score
Agreed. They always have the parts I need or can order them with no problems.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
I bought my Grady from Somers Point and would buy there again!

whitey

Reaction score
bought 2 boats from them-the 22 and the 25.decent people to deal with.

tilewave

Reaction score
my boat was purchased from somers point ( i bought her used in cape may ) by original owner. with the original owners permission they were very helpful in giving me all service records of the history of the boat. when i brought her back home to point pleasant area where i do my boating i needed a couple of parts & drove the boat over to HOBBY LOBBY. after docking, the owner asked me where i purchased my boat. " used from south jersey yacht sales" i told him. the SCUMBAG told me to get off his property ! he told me his parts were for his customers only, & hes not looking for any new customers. HOBBY LOBBY IS OWNED BY SCUMBAGS !!!!
i called grady & asked what was going on ? is this what i bought into ? they were absolutely great & sent me the parts i needed for free. i relayed to them that SCUMBAG HOBBY LOBBY arent looking for new customers so they should give a dealership to someone else in the area
somers point service manager also told me whatever i needed to call him after telling him the story. i would purchase from somers point in a heartbeat !!!

30marlin

Reaction score
tilewave said:
my boat was purchased from somers point ( i bought her used in cape may ) by original owner. with the original owners permission they were very helpful in giving me all service records of the history of the boat. when i brought her back home to point pleasant area where i do my boating i needed a couple of parts & drove the boat over to HOBBY LOBBY. after docking, the owner asked me where i purchased my boat. " used from south jersey yacht sales" i told him. the SCUMBAG told me to get off his property ! he told me his parts were for his customers only, & hes not looking for any new customers. HOBBY LOBBY IS OWNED BY SCUMBAGS !!!!
i called grady & asked what was going on ? is this what i bought into ? they were absolutely great & sent me the parts i needed for free. i relayed to them that SCUMBAG HOBBY LOBBY arent looking for new customers so they should give a dealership to someone else in the area
somers point service manager also told me whatever i needed to call him after telling him the story. i would purchase from somers point in a heartbeat !!!

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of contacting Hobby Lobby for some major accessories but now I'm not sure.
Why on earth would anybody turn away a customer like that. Maybe some day down the road you might like to trade up and now the potential sale is lost forever.

Anybody ever try dealing with Anchor Marine on the Collingswood circle?
I think the mostly deal in trailerable GW's

It takes years to earn a customers trust and respect and only seconds to lose it.

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
30 Marlin,
I have dealt with most Grady dealers in the state over the last thirteen years(including the ones mentioned in this post). Although most are closer for me (I'm in Union County) Somers Point still gets my vote. Prices are as good as I have found (for a dealer), they will give you a written quote for larger items, they got me the parts I needed in a reasonable timeframe and they treated me like they wanted me to come back.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My own opinion only, but I would not deal with Hobby Lobby. Learned my lesson when they sold me a boat and could not get the title because it was actually not theirs, it was on consignment from a private seller and he couldn't be located. The consignment thing was never mentioned before hand. A call to the NJ attorney general's office got the ball rolling.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bad Marinas

tilewave said:

Where is Hobby Lobby?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It is somewhat interesting that Hobby Lobby now has a blurb on their website stating "we will now install electronics on boats we did not sell..."

I went by Hobby Lobby once while I was up there on business....asked them to order and drop ship me a part. They had no interest in doing it. Wound up getting the folks at Taylor Marine in DE to take care of it. They are very good people......