Something stuck behind tackle center drawers??-SOLVED

bjflink

Reaction score
On the port side of my tackle center in a 2000 306, I have a cabinet door, with 3 poly drawers behind it. Something is stuck behind the bottom drawer, which is preventing the door from closing completely. I cannot figure out how to remove the drawers so I can get to whatever has dropped behind the drawer. Any suggestions would be helpful.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Re: Something stuck behind tackle center drawers??

If you feel along the back of the drawer there should be a little catch in the center that you can rotate. That should allow the drawer to slide all the way out. Not familiar with your exact boat but this is how the tackle drawer in my boat are.

bjflink

Reaction score

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, mine must be installed differently. There is no catch or latch to turn for drawer removal. So far, I have not figured out how to get behind them. I wonder if the drawers were installed at the factory before the console seat was dropped into the deck....

JohnK

Reaction score

I'm not sure if the 2000 is the same, but on our 2015 306 you have to push down a black plastic piece on the inside of both tracks then you can completely remove the drawer. My desk has the same type of hardware. Here's a link to a picture of the drawers from the Grady web site.

http://www.gradywhite.com/media/8915/my ... ge-dlb.jpg

If that doesn't work call customer service they can definitely help.

bjflink

Reaction score
Re: Something stuck behind tackle center drawers?? - SOLVED

Thanks everyone for the tips. For my year, 2000, there is no way to remove the drawers, as I found out, without removing the entire cabinet assembly. This fortunately, is not very hard to do. The trim ring around the cabinet is secured by six screws. Take the screws out and the whole drawer/cabinet assembly removes from the seat console. After that, you can partially disassemble and remove drawers. The culprit for me was a an old zip-tie that had fallen behind the bottom drawer. The whole process took me about 30 minutes to remove, disassemble, and then re-install.