Source for stripes?

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I need 9' of stripes for a 2005 270. The ebay guy doesn't carry the profile below. Anyone know of another source or dealer who might have a good selection?
20211024_153054.jpg

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Have you tried making a phone call to Grady White themselves or to your local Grady White dealer? I'm sure one or both of them would be able to tell you where you could get them from.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
No, I have not. I'm roughly 0-5 with my local dealer for being able to help with things even more basic than this, but I might get lucky. GW almost always tells me to call the dealer = chasing my tail.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
No, I have not. I'm roughly 0-5 with my local dealer for being able to help with things even more basic than this, but I might get lucky. GW almost always tells me to call the dealer = chasing my tail.
Sorry to hear that. Reputation is oftentimes very much based on your local dealer experience and if you have one that's not very good, it makes a big difference. Where at in Ohio are you? I'm assuming South Shore Marine is the dealer you're referring to? Might be worth a call to GW to tell them you've not had the best of luck with SSM as a dealer and see if you can go directly through them or another dealer?

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks like the next closest GW dealers are going to be out of state, but still worth a phone call to check for pricing, availability and so forth. And I'm sure they'd ship you whatever you needed.

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
hullstripes.com is also an option but I believe there is a minimum of 50 ft orders, I only need about 12 or so feet of replacement stripes myself so haven’t ordered any

Reactions: family affair

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sorry to hear that. Reputation is oftentimes very much based on your local dealer experience and if you have one that's not very good, it makes a big difference. Where at in Ohio are you? I'm assuming South Shore Marine is the dealer you're referring to? Might be worth a call to GW to tell them you've not had the best of luck with SSM as a dealer and see if you can go directly through them or another dealer?
Uh, oh. You done it! o_O Big brother watches this website. Don't be surprised if the GW dealer PR police contacts you. I'm not kidding either.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Waiting for a return quote from hullstripes.com. He has an excellent site that allows for custom colors. Minimum order is 30'. My only concern at this point is color matching. I'm not sure what colors he has that matches the Grady navy blue and gold. I'll post updates.

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
GW Dealer probably won't have the old style, but you can use any, doesn't have to be local, can always call around and have it shipped for a few bucks. My dealer in Deale Md is great, Tri-State. If your sticking with the original scheme they look great from that website, but then again SeanC has a gorgeous boat in general. I ended up changing my boat over to match the new models, new badging as well. The chrome/mag is the new look, i did the ivory canvas and the rub rail too so it would all tie in, it's a wholesale effort if you go that route.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I got the quote for 30'. For what I need the price is steep. For someone redoing one side of the boat, it is a no brainer.
In his quote he also mentioned the individual stripe options. I might just do that considering only the gold stripe is damaged. Laying it out could be tough, but I'll likely give it a go.
Redoing the whole thing isn't an option after badly breaking some bones 1.5 months ago. Maybe my arm will be working by this time next year!:cool:

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I called multiple dealers including local. All made an effort to find something for me, but only Tri-state had anything close to the photo I showed above. $1.78/ft

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I called multiple dealers including local. All made an effort to find something for me, but only Tri-state had anything close to the photo I showed above. $1.78/ft
That's who I just bought my boat from and they're a pretty reputable dealership. Good luck and send some pictures when you get them installed.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Will do, but it might be a while. I can barely get my right arm to horizontal after surgery and 7 weeks of healing and PT. But I'll get there eventually!

Ted R

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
It appears you have the same stripe as my 2004 Gulfstream and South Shore Marine in Ohio is and has been extremely helpful in every issue I have asked them to help me with, great service team. I acquired new stripe from them directly for my model. Please contact the service department at South Shore, they are a first class outfit.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
SSM didn't have what I needed, but was willing to help me find a substitute.