Southco stainless steel latches

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm upgrading all my (southco) drawer and cabinet latches, the exterior ones, to (southco) stainless steel locking version with the three wafer key. http://www.southco.com/resources/documents/m1.en.pdf.
M1-48-8+
This key is a little less common therefore making it less likely to be broken into by a common key holder. The stainless version in my opinion looks wonderful on our Grady's. I'm about to put an order direct into southco and I can get these latches for $31 per vs $42 per if I order 10 or more. These latches can be found sometimes on ebay for $35 but they are not the three wafer version. WM can order them for $53. So-- I'm going to order 10 as I need 7, if anyone is interested in these latches at this price, I will order extra and ship them to you.
PM me if interested

Enough Already

Reaction score
For part number, did you mean M1-71-8? See notes on 3-wafer key at bottom of page (substitute a 7 for the 4). Have you confirmed the thickness required? I have a 265 Express and was thinking of upgrading the 2 latches in the smoked plexiglass entry to the cabin.

Workdog

Reaction score
So Southco sells smaller quantities to individuals? Do you suppose they would sell me two SS deck drains?

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yes I did mean M1-71-8. I don't know about your size, all the latches on a 2001 Marlin are this size. There's a deep recession(not the economy) with about a 1/4 inch flange. This is the exact latch for the marlin doors.
Anyway, I ordered ten so I have three extras, let me know, you can try them.
CP

See Saw

Reaction score
saltypup, Did you get my PM? For some reason it seems to be stuck in my outbox. It said I would take 2 if those other guys don't want them. Let me know.

Scott