Southern New England Grady-White Club

Sailfish25

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Its now official. Our club has been named and the first membership meeting is scheduled for May 5th in Niantic Ct. If interested please let us know.

Walk The Line

Reaction score
What's the club name? My wife and I are interested in joining, but we will not be able to make it on the 5th. We live in New York City, but we keep our boat in Westbrook, CT. We sent the post card back to Grady ... just curious on next steps. Any info you can provide is appreciated.

Sailfish25

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The name was decided as

"Southern New England Grady White Club"

We are being sponsored by Boats Inc out of Niantic but of course it is open to all.
I will post more info for joining as it comes available. We have about 5 events in the works involving trips to Long Island and Newport. Dues are expected to be $25.

Beuford T. Justice

Reaction score
March 5th is a Monday.
Will future membership meetings usually be scheduled on weekdays, as opposed to weekends?

Sailfish25

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Beuford you are one keen Texas law man.....You ain't no posseum pecker.

Yes it was an incorrect date and the correct date is May 5th 2007.

March was on the brain because it is our next organizational meeting.

Thanks greatly!

Sailfish25

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
More meeting details

The meeting is going to be in Blackpoint at the clubhouse on May 5th at noon. There will be miscellanous handouts, membership applications and food. It is going to be Cinco De Mayo of course so we are planning to party. Families are welcome. We are hoping to have a representive from Grady there.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will add you to our email list.

Sailfish25

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
R.S.V.P. DATE IS APRIL 20

Contact Lisa Gautier @ G-W if you want to attend the Cinco De Mayo Membership Fiesta on May 5th

Sailfish25

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The party was Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!

We had an awsome time at the party!! There was a little under 100 in attendance and we had a catered buffet of Mexican food, margaritas and deserts. There were 55 prizes from Grady-White, not including hats given to everyone who showed up. Cabela's (soon to be in New Hartford) gave us 7 prizes. The Fisherman Magazine supplied current issues, their special fishing rig book and also some tee shirts that were won by those attending. There were goodie bags with stuff from G-W, Boatus, Seatow, Shakespeare fishing and Terminal Tackle. I am told that there will be a write-up in the next Anchorline published by G-W.

Currently 21 boats are signed up and we have scheduled a karokee night 7/14, Greenport overnight trip 7/27-29, Jamestown & Newport (Conanicut Marina) overnight for 8/17-19. We are looking into a possible Octoberfest event as well attending a local "light parade".