Southwest Florida Grady Owners

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
Good evening all,

I wanted to check in to see how many Southwest Florida Grady owners were here. First off I wanted to wish you and your families well as this storm was a true S.O.B. I live right in the heart of this disaster and 5 days later still don’t have power. Unfortunately, my boat was stored in Fort Myers Beach. It is such a disaster there I may not know for days or weeks if my boat made it. I can pray for the best but must make the assumption she didn’t. I have Geico as my insurance. If my boat is gone I hope they step up to the plate. Anyway, I wanted to how my other SWFL friends are doing and did their boats survive this disaster.

Harrysea

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My Marlin rode it out on the lift without problem. I'm about 70 miles or so north of Ian's landfall. One of the side vent windows caught air and popped out, but landed on the walkaround so I just put it back in. We were very lucky in the Tampa area. Thought we were ground zero until the last 24 hours.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Stay safe down there... thoughts and prayers going out to all that are involved.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your boat JMAT. That area around Fort Myers really got flattened. My son and his wife lived on Fort Myers Beach for 2 years and the two waterside restaurants where my daughter-in-law worked are gone. Not damaged but gone. The house they lived in is destroyed. Awful, awful for those folks.
We Live in Venice and had an easier time if you can call it that. Our house came through alright. We lost a large palm, a few fruit and avocado trees and about 300 feet of fence. Our boat shed just made it through. It got all distorted and several legs ripped off the mounting rail that is bolted down to the concrete. I had cross tied each end using 3 inch web rachet straps but I used 1/2 in nylon line to connect the straps to the arches. One of those broke and let the whole building start to twist and gyrate. We were in the left eyewall of the storm and there came a time where we had a lessening of the wind. We had plywood over all our windows so we couldn't see out at all but we could tell by the sound that we were getting the edge of the eye effect so my son and I put on rain gear and went out and refueled the genny and did a quick look around. It was dismaying and the boat shed (24 X 50) was doing a dance. Nothing to do at that point so we went back in and listened to the wind for a couple more hours. It died down finally but we stayed in till daylight due to having hi-voltage lines all around.
Quite a time. The boat or RV was not damgaged. The boat shed for all its swaying around the bows never contacted the vehicles.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Must have been some very stressful hours, so good to hear there was no injuries and you all came out it safely!

PlannedOutage

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
Good evening all,

I wanted to check in to see how many Southwest Florida Grady owners were here. First off I wanted to wish you and your families well as this storm was a true S.O.B. I live right in the heart of this disaster and 5 days later still don’t have power. Unfortunately, my boat was stored in Fort Myers Beach. It is such a disaster there I may not know for days or weeks if my boat made it. I can pray for the best but must make the assumption she didn’t. I have Geico as my insurance. If my boat is gone I hope they step up to the plate. Anyway, I wanted to how my other SWFL friends are doing and did their boats survive this disaster.
I live in Bonita Springs and I keep my Grady 336 Canyon at Fish Tale Marina on FMB. I am in the same “boat” as you not knowing the status of my boat and not sure when i will find out. I have Progressive for my boat insurance. Hoping for the best for us all. My luck has been horrible with this storm so far as our home was flooded with 7 feet of storm surge waters and we lost most everything we own. Also lost my truck. Hoping that my boat survived this horrific storm.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I live in Bonita Springs and I keep my Grady 336 Canyon at Fish Tale Marina on FMB. I am in the same “boat” as you not knowing the status of my boat and not sure when i will find out. I have Progressive for my boat insurance. Hoping for the best for us all. My luck has been horrible with this storm so far as our home was flooded with 7 feet of storm surge waters and we lost most everything we own. Also lost my truck. Hoping that my boat survived this horrific storm.
Your story breaks my heart. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost so much. I bought my first Grady from Fish Tale marina a few years ago. Nice outfit. No doubt they have had some catastrophic damage. Wishing the best for you and yours.

JMAT

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
That is terrible to hear. This is going to be a rough one for a while. It's going to take years before we are functioning as a community like before the storm. I live in SW Cape, about a 3 minute jeep ride to Matlacha, there is nothing left of it. All the colorful 100 year old structures are gone. I was one of the lucky ones on my street I guess. All the houses in my neighborhood were flooded with the exception of mine and two others. We have newer homes that were built just a little higher than others. So other than wind, pool cage and some minor roof damage our houses are still livable. Still without power but that is the least of anyone's issues. Prayers go out to you and your family. Stay safe and rebuild strong my friend.