Spent the day cleaning the 360 today....

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
we have had totally crazy weather the last few months, unusually wet, will be multiple days of 3-4 inch rains and then back to dry for a few days. Even though its fall, we will have several 30 degree nights followed by 75 degree days, just a total roller coaster of temps, water and lots of wind, LOTS of wind.

Bottom line my boat was in terrible shape, had not been able to get out on the water or even give her a cleaning for maybe 6 weeks. Mildew, mold, bird droppings, the mystery "orange" spots, you name it, we had it.

Fired up the pressure washer (electric version vs gas), got the Woody Wax, Serious Shine Spray and SS Cleaner out today plus sponges, Mr Clean pads, lots of paper towels and trash bags and spent the day on the boat cleaning.

End result, is she looks like new after a day of cleaning, drying out with all the hatches open and wind blowing and we are feeling better now. Bad news is a few new leaks that I have not seen before. The storage box below the port side bait freezer had maybe an inch of water in it, totally soaked the lines I keep in there. Where would that water come from?

Also had water in the tackle storage box area, of course the anchor locker, and below deck. We have just flooded here the last few months and after finally getting time to inspect my 360, while some areas were wet, overall with interior fans and dessicant packs and the West Marine heaters, she was in much better shape than I expected.

For other 360 owners, I finally found some "reasonable" windshield wiper replacement blades, good fit and fair price. New ones put on today courtesy of our local auto parts store.

What do you do though on the A/C filter under the dining table? Vac or replace? I need to empty the helm overhead light, full of water again but darn if I can find where it comes from; anyone have any insight on the bulb? The red is coming off and I can not find a replacement red in that size.

For all GW owners not shrink wrapped, keep the maint up, hang in there and do your washing and waxing when you can, fishing and cruising seasons are just a couple of months away and this is the perfect time to get the boat ready for spring and use those 50 degree days to keep everything in tip top shape

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score
360 clean up

glad you were able to clean it up. i had to put mine up. we had an early winter here, and i got caught in the storms for many weekends trying to get the boat out of the water. Just did before the big snow storm. glad to have that done. i just vac the filters, they are metal so that should work fine. did you just use standard windshield blades? any ideas on how to get to the thru hulls under the rear berth? there has got to be a better way.

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
On my 268, I had to replace the "grommets" for the cables passing through the hard top to eliminate water entering the overhead E-box. The rubber washers dry out and allow water to pass through. Kind of a pain to do because you need to dissasemble the cable ends to install new washers/o-rings.

johnhdz

Reaction score
360 wiper blade replacement

"For other 360 owners, I finally found some "reasonable" windshield wiper replacement blades, good fit and fair price. New ones put on today courtesy of our local auto parts store."

I'd appreciate if you could pass along the manufacturer of the windshield wiper blades and the model # that you used.
Thanks.