Spider crack— worry??

quantase

Reaction score
I just saw a spider crack on the bow port side of my 2022 GW235 near the waste outlet cap. I read, it may be nothing (cosmetic only) or could be serious. I have not hit anything in that area to cause it. Is this something I should address with the dealer or GW office now? The boat is still under warranty. I attached a pic here. I just don’t want a major issue to appear after the warranty ends. Thanks.

Attachments

• 8C93FC51-34A0-4AF8-BC12-5FE9A633A346.jpeg
    8C93FC51-34A0-4AF8-BC12-5FE9A633A346.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 60

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I don't think it's a big issue, but I would insist they fix it. Plus, you want it documented that you made them aware of it.

seasick

Reaction score
Looks like an impact crack. The line on the left middle area of the photo looks like another crack but it could be a non skid lip.
If that is a crack, I would suggest you look underneath to see if anything structural is bonded in that area. The stress crack could b cause by impact from underneath and that could be more serious than an impact crack from an external event.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Absolutely get it it evaluated. If you let it out of your control, I'm guessing it was hit during work, winterization or ?

quantase

Reaction score
Yes, there is another crack to the left middle of the picture. I'm not able to see underneath between the interior and exterior hull for damage inside. On the outside hull underneath the crack, there does not seem to be any other damage. I will let them know. Do anyone know how they would repair this, and is it something they have to take to their shop or can they come out to my home to complete the repair? Thanks.

seasick

Reaction score
You have to talk to your dealer first. If they determine that the cracking is not due to a defect, they won't fix it. At that point you can refer the mater to Grady and see what happens.

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
It could be from a void in the fiberglass...a little "air" pocket. As others said, make the dealer aware - if no progress, GW customer service is fantastic.