Splash down & improvements

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tomorrow 5/4 is launch day for my voyager 24. It is my second season with the boat and although the weather isnt great I am psyched and a little nervous. I have made the following improvements on the boat (done by pros) -1) high water alarm-thanks to alert by GW forum. 2) brought the cover(cowling) to the 9.9 yamaha engine to the body shop gpt [ and bought decals-looks like new engine cover 3) replace eisenglass (front and sides) with new Strata Glass (best eisenglass). Also had some gelcoat nicks and scratches repaired -looks great ! Lastly I should mention that this winter I bought my c-80 chart plotter to the marine electronics dealer who hooked me up with a converter cable from 12 to household voltage. I was able to use the chart plotter all winter and plug in all my anticipated routes for the planned group cruise our yacht club is going on this summer. Starting in Marblehead Ma. we are going to plymouth through the canal to Mattapoisset ma then New Bedford Ma and Jamestown-New Port RI then Stonington Con. and Mystic co. and then Fishers Isl. From there to Montauk LI (I am skipping Block to visit relatives in Montauk) Then back to Buzzards by and back to Marblehead. The cruise is 13 days and we usually spend (my wife and I) half nights on the voyager 24 and half in local hotels. We usually travel early in the morning looking :bang for flat seas. Trip will be July 28 thru Aug 12 :dance

striped bass

Reaction score
Lew:
Great trip! You will have a wonderful time and you will pass right by my mooring in Watch Hill harbor on your way to Stonington and Mystic. I'm sure you know that you are hitting popular ports at the height of the season so be sure to make reservations. Just as a heads up, the scenario you outlined goes through some of the New England waters that can get real gnarly even in the best of times especially as you round Buzzards Bay into Rhode Island Sound traveling southwest.

Have a great trip.