Splashed the new boat, weather stinks

townvet

Reaction score
We splashed our new 360 on Friday. Today we had 25 knots and 41 degrees. Tonight the wind kicks up to 35 knots. Slept on the boat last night with a portable heater plugged in, fun but frustrating weather. :bang

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Did you put in where it was stored in Danvers and cruise up to NH or have it transported up the highway? The weather hasn't been good at all!!! I hope it turns soon!

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
townvet said:
We splashed our new 360 on Friday. Today we had 25 knots and 41 degrees. Tonight the wind kicks up to 35 knots. Slept on the boat last night with a portable heater plugged in, fun but frustrating weather. :bang

No pictures ?????????????????????????????? :bang :bang :bang

townvet

Reaction score
I tried to post some pics but can not get image cave to work. I will try again Sat night. Trying to get out on the water Friday as the winds will be dying down finally. Had 40 knots here today.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
townvet said:
I tried to post some pics but can not get image cave to work. I will try again Sat night. Trying to get out on the water Friday as the winds will be dying down finally. Had 40 knots here today.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh, what's 40 knots for a 360 Grady :mrgreen:

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
NEM, no bargain down here too.
Didn't you launch back in March ?
Seems like it's still winter here in temp and wind and doesn't look any better thru next week.

Do have to say 25 knots on the 360 means little if nothing I bet.

townvet

Reaction score
I am sure the boat can handle the wind, but the captain still has to squeeze it back into the slip. I have only docked her 6 times. I really would rather not smack it up just yet. She is sooo pretty as is.
Got out today. Seas were flat. Still breaking in the motors but at 29 knots I was burning 29 GPH with the triple 300's. The boat handles very well. Had the gender running and the helm heat going till the temp got above 40. By afternoon we were pushing 57 degrees and actually saw the sun. Seals, birds, and a kick ass wake. Perfect day on the water.

striped bass

Reaction score
Townvet:

Congrats on the new Grady. Weather is not great in Watch Hill. R.I. either. Winds have been horrendous this last week and all winter for that matter. As a rule I have found that comfortable boating weather in New England doesn't really set until after Memorial Day. We would love to see a few pics. Did you but the boat Baert Marine?

townvet

Reaction score
I put up a few pics on my Facebook page. I can not get image cave to work with the iPad.

You should be able to see them at Facebook

David Harriton

townvet

Reaction score
This picture thing is so frustrating. Tried to email pics to image cave and it won't work.

townvet

Reaction score
IMG_0089.JPG

townvet

Reaction score
OK a month into the start of the season and the weather still has not turned. Slept on the boat Friday with hopes of an early morning fishing trip planned for Saturday. Fog was as thick as I have ever seen it on Sat. Got out yesterday and about 3 miles offshore my youngest starts to look green from the 5 foot rollers. Back in we came. It is starting to get a bit frustrating. Did buy a Mercury Inflatable that has been worth its weight in gold as far as fun goes. I think by the time the weather turns the Stipers will be migrating back dow south.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Dave,

For Image cave you need to send a low resolution photo (less than 100KB) then resize the photo to 300 x 200 in Image Cave. Copy the EZ code and paste it in your message.

Inslip-L.jpg

Matt