Sportsman/Fisherman 180 - Anchor locker

corinthmistral

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 180
Anyone know if a Fortress FX-7 (their smallest anchor) will fit in the anchor locker of a Sportsman 180? Or does anyone have the actual dimensions of the anchor locker, recesses for the anchor etc. Am away from the boat so can’t measure it! Thanks all.

speasm

Reaction score
Anyone know if a Fortress FX-7 (their smallest anchor) will fit in the anchor locker of a Sportsman 180? Or does anyone have the actual dimensions of the anchor locker, recesses for the anchor etc. Am away from the boat so can’t measure it! Thanks all.
I have this same anchor in my 2004 Sportsman 180. It fits perfect and I love the weight. I just put the Fishmaster electronic box on my boat. A few years back I had installed the Fishmaster T-Top. Made all the difference in the world!! A great product at a great price unless you want to spend thousands of dollars and go custom!!

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
I got a Guardian 7 for 2004 Sportsman 180 this year but haven't had a chance to use it yet. How does it hold? Easy to set? How much chain and what size? I went with 10ft of 3/16".

After I got the Guardian I called about something and they told me the Fortress coating is better in saltwater, too bad they neglect to put that on the website.