Spot light recommendations

Fishtales

Reaction score
I have the Jabsco 135SL rotating halogen, they now make one with LEDs that I believe is much more powerful. It's been on the radar mount since 2007 when I bought the boat new. It is wired, but I believe there are wireless options out there today. It's ok at night to locate bouys etc at night but not the best. I don't use it running at all. The Mossy Oak light bar line looks great to me and I'd consider it on a new boat or if I did a lot of night use.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just hit me... The led version is a Go Light. Check out their website.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
I am not in light bars on boats, but know some for cars.
As the glare on the bonnet is often a issue I would not like to have that on a hardtop on a boat.
The glare would blind me more than the advantage of seeing in front of me.

I use some times a hand held flashlight, but for frequent use and the problems you have in US I would use a pulpit (or bow mounted removable solution) to reduce glare as much as possible and if available, a dimmable solution would be my choice.

Chris
if you mount it a few inches back from the front of the hard top, the bow will be in the shadow cast by the hard top and you get no glare. that being said, for night, id want an ultra low light cam and/or a good hand held spot light

Sardinia306Bimini

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Yes, that is a good idea.
I never had a hard top and on the soft tops the beam illuminated the fabric what was suboptimal as well.
Will try that if I finally can close the deal.
Chris