Spreader light and macerator question 282 sailfish

Tsgtag

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I am a new owner of a 2003 282 sailfish. Everything seems to be working great except the macerator and the spreader lights. I understand the macerator is a common problem; can someone tell me where the fuse is located for the macerator? Currently I am unable to check the level of my tank. No light is displayed. I’m assuming I blew a fuse when I tried the macerator.

Secondly, can someone tell me how to turn on the spreader lights? My courtesy light has a “spreader” switch as well. When I hit the switch, nothing happens. The courtesy light works however. If this is the way to turn on the light, can someone tell me if there is a fuse for the spreaders and if so, where they are located?

Thanks in advance!!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Check the switch on the spreader light. They are known to go from time to time. There also should be a fuse in the hardtop radio box block. On my boat a 10A fuse with a dark blue with white stripe wire.
As for the macerator, I assume you turn on the breaker on the panel?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looking at the tank manager schematic, there are three fuses on the circuit board. One is 12V 10A, for the discharge pump, a second is another 10A fuse for the vacuum generator and the third is a 3A fuse for the circuit breaker (I'm assuming electronics on the board). I'd locate these and see if they are blow. You can try to replace but if there is a problem, they simply may blow again.
This panel is not sold as a repair part, you have to buy the entire tank manager.

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have an Islander rather than a Sailfish but they may be wired alike. In mine, there's a secondary fuse panel in the overhead compartment of the hardtop. The fuse for the spreaders is there. My fuse blew last year.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
On my 2004 Sailfish the macerator has one fuse in-line right before the macrator. The Macerator is located in the aft sleep area behind the wall panel. There is also a 25 AMP fuse under the helm station. The spreader lights is most likely a fuse or switch. I've had to replace y switch twice. The fuse for the spreader is in the upper electronics box.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I have an Islander rather than a Sailfish but they may be wired alike. In mine, there's a secondary fuse panel in the overhead compartment of the hardtop. The fuse for the spreaders is there. My fuse blew last year.

I agree. They are very likely wired the same mine is a Marlin and is wired as yours is.

Tsgtag

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks everyone!! This site is fantastic.