Spreader Lights on 1994 20' w/hardtop

Cajun Blues

Reaction score
I want to put spreader lights on my hardtop and see that there is a push button switch that says spreader lights on the dome light located under the top electronics box. Is there any wiring factory installed or do I have to wire the lights to that switch thru the super structure? Thanks in advance!

seabob4

Reaction score
Look in your radio box to see if there are blue wires in there. If so, those would be the spreader light wires. The gray is for the anchor light. If the blue wires are there, then they would probably be run to the aft outboard corners of the top. Are there any "plugs" in pre-drilled holes in the frame at those loactions?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I bet the frame is predirlled for all made, so you can route the wiring thru the frame and go anywhere you want, either to box or down to bridge console and add a switch.

The two wires off the lite sw can be butt crimped if you want to stay up there.

Cajun Blues

Reaction score
BobP said:
I bet the frame is predirlled for all made, so you can route the wiring thru the frame and go anywhere you want, either to box or down to bridge console and add a switch.

The two wires off the lite sw can be butt crimped if you want to stay up there.
Thanks you are absolutly correct. The holes are predrilled and the wires already there!
Sometimes you just have to open your eyes! Amazing what you ( I ) will find!

Cajun Blues

Reaction score
seabob4 said:
Look in your radio box to see if there are blue wires in there. If so, those would be the spreader light wires. The gray is for the anchor light. If the blue wires are there, then they would probably be run to the aft outboard corners of the top. Are there any "plugs" in pre-drilled holes in the frame at those loactions?
Just as you said! Blue wires and pre-drilled holes with white plugs. Thanks for your advise! David.