Spreader lights

Ptracy

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I am in the process of buying a 2005 228 seafarer with a hard top.
The speaker lights are mounted on the hard top. The person I am buying boat from doesn’t know how to turn on the spreader lights.
Can anyone offer some assistance?
Thanks

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
On most GWs the spreader is turned on by the switch on the dome light in the cabin. One side does the dome light and the other side the spreaders

Ptracy

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
On most GWs the spreader is turned on by the switch on the dome light in the cabin. One side does the dome light and the other side the spreaders
Thanks!!

nrtbmw

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 2007 Seafarer and agree with PTracey. Mine is located beneath the two overhead storage compartments over the helm.

Pighunter

Reaction score
Yes my switch is over the helm. Under the elec. box.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
On my 1997 268 Islander there are two switches on the dome light. The dome light switch . Off - dome light WHITE on - off - dome light RED on. The other switch is for the spreader lights Off - On.

The switch frequently burns up under the load of regular spreader lights. Higher amperage switches are available from Digit-Key. I would suggest going to LED spreader lights too.

My spreader light switch went out too. I found them at DigiKey.com - great price - order a couple of them for spares. Same vendor part that OEM used.

512PB-ND $1.94 Spreader light switch (SPST 10 amp)
522PB-ND $2.52 Dome light switch (SPDT 2 amp) << Digit-Key shows this as a $12.00 part but its incorrect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pighunter

Sewee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hookup, Thanks for posting the switch info because I have been searching for that for a long time. When you ordered "522PB-ND $2.52 Dome light switch (SPDT 2 amp) << Digit-Key shows this as a $12.00 part but its incorrect." how did you get the correct pricing? The higher price remained in my cart all of the way to checkout. When I called DigiKey, they said the $12 price is accurate.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hookup, Thanks for posting the switch info because I have been searching for that for a long time. When you ordered "522PB-ND $2.52 Dome light switch (SPDT 2 amp) << Digit-Key shows this as a $12.00 part but its incorrect." how did you get the correct pricing? The higher price remained in my cart all of the way to checkout. When I called DigiKey, they said the $12 price is accurate.
Tell them you bought it before for under three dollars! I paid the lesser price a few years ago. If you only need one or two go for it. You may be able to use mfg part number off Dici-Key site to find it but it may not be worth the trouble.

The spreader switch is a big win though.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Thanks for the switch link. Mine in intermittent. Hopefully this will fix.

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
When mine went out I re-wired it down to one of the open Acc switches on the main panel.