Spring Hinges?

L.R.

Reaction score
Guys,I need to replace the Spring Hinges on my 226 Seafarer.The ones that hold the Clear Door up on the Electronics Box..Where can I get these? I swear I just read about someone getting them,but for the Life of me can't remember what post it was on!

Mwills98

Reaction score
Two other great place to buy boat parts are. Greatlakesskipper.com. and Jamestown distributors. I think I got mine from Great Lakes.

mboyatt

Reaction score
If you are talking about the black hinges that stay open, then they are detent hinges that are made by Southco. Just do a google search for Southco Detent hinges and you will be able to get them from numerous sources. I got a couple from Amazon with free shipping. Good luck!

L.R.

Reaction score
mboyatt said:
If you are talking about the black hinges that stay open, then they are detent hinges that are made by Southco. Just do a google search for Southco Detent hinges and you will be able to get them from numerous sources. I got a couple from Amazon with free shipping. Good luck!

Exactly! Thanks!!!!

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Ebay. Just replaced mine on my 265.

L.R.

Reaction score
Just getting around to this...Anyone have the correct part number for these? I'm getting confused looking at them,Different degrees of opening,,,C-6,etc....Thanks!

seasick

Reaction score
Although you can do a search for Grady White Electronics Box Hinges and find tons of info, the reality is that there are several model numbers of Southco C6 hinges to chose from. In general, the detent angle determines the model number. For example, the C6-23 has an 80 degree detent. ( it will also open all the way)

If you can and do keep the cover all the way open, the detent angle is less of an issue but if you need the cover to stay in a specific position, then selecting the exact model may be important.
So open the door to where it needs to stay and measure the angle as best you can. Then go to the Southco site to look up the appropriate model. From there you can search the web for the best deal. Note that Southco OEM hinges are a bit pricey but there are knockoffs out there for less. I prefer the original parts.

Reactions: ilmmct

L.R.

Reaction score
seasick said:
Although you can do a search for Grady White Electronics Box Hinges and find tons of info, the reality is that there are several model numbers of Southco C6 hinges to chose from. In general, the detent angle determines the model number. For example, the C6-23 has an 80 degree detent. ( it will also open all the way)

If you can and do keep the cover all the way open, the detent angle is less of an issue but if you need the cover to stay in a specific position, then selecting the exact model may be important.
So open the door to where it needs to stay and measure the angle as best you can. Then go to the Southco site to look up the appropriate model. From there you can search the web for the best deal. Note that Southco OEM hinges are a bit pricey but there are knockoffs out there for less. I prefer the original parts.

Was hoping someone knew the exact ones that came on them.