spun prop

cool change

Reaction score
hi all, i am new to this site, but i cant begin to tell u how helpful this forum has been.. how can i tell if i spun my prop. im hitting about 4800 rpm on WOT, but my MPH is low [about 30] and if i needed a new one what kind do u reccommend and cost. thank u

gw204

Reaction score
Not enough info to recommend a new prop but to check for a spun hub (if it's the old style pressed in hub) file a small mark on the inner sleeve and outer hub, reinstall the prop and put it though it's paces. Remove prop and see if the orientation of the marks has changed.

seasick

Reaction score
cool change said:
hi all, i am new to this site, but i cant begin to tell u how helpful this forum has been.. how can i tell if i spun my prop. im hitting about 4800 rpm on WOT, but my MPH is low [about 30] and if i needed a new one what kind do u reccommend and cost. thank u

What was your WOT revs before you think something went wrong?
A 'spun' prob cold have spun on its hub a bit but is not slipping. Or it can be slipping and that usually happens under higher torque situation and often higher revs. In those cases, the motor revs will be higher than normal for a given speed.
In the first case, if the hub spins a bit bot then doesn't slip, you may experience vibration.

I suspect that if your WOT revs were higher before, your problem most likely is not a spun prop

cool change

Reaction score
On normal running i was hitting 52 to 5300 rpm's and about 48 mph on WOT.. now im hitting 4700 and about 30 mph