SS Deck Chairs

Squid1962

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Looking for white padded deck chairs for my 330Express. Want SS tubing. Pricing is all over the map. Suggestions? Pitfalls?
Thx

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The stainless are quite a bit heavier but probably less corrosion prone. I was not particularly happy with the West Marine brand chairs. The staples in the upholstery rusted immediately. Had to redo that. I think there are only a few manufacturers but may be labeled differently though. Years ago I shopped around and got a decent deal but don’t remember how. West Marine has them on sale occasionally and if you or a gold member you get 4% off via points. They take up a lot of room and don’t fold for storage very much. We only use them when we have a crowd. A big yeti cooler with a pad on top works about as good of course it doesn’t have a back rest.

luckydude

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
I bought

Leader Accessories Portable Folding Deck Chair​

from Amazon but they seem to be out of stock everywhere. I'm happy with mine, I think it was about $150 or so. If you can find one, they seem good.

Alternatively, get a bean bag from West Marine.

luckydude

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Those craigslist chairs look just like what I got. Maybe same thing under a different brand?

Just a reminder, true stainless is not magnetic. Cheaper stuff tends to be steel with a coating so a magnet is your friend.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I don't think I have ever seen stainless steel ones (or perhaps I assumed they were aluminum).

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Get the Garelick brand. Got a couple of those and have had them for well over 15 years. The tubes are aluminum, but there's nothing wrong with them. You get what you pay for with stuff like this.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I don't think I have ever seen stainless steel ones (or perhaps I assumed they were aluminum).
Oh they make both. Add $30 for stainless. Very low, Very heavy and don't fold very well. great if you are running but not convenient for "hanging out"

There are better versions out there with doubled feet...or at least there used to be...
Funny thing, we broke all three of our deck chairs last season. They were very old. 2 Boat/US cheap aluminum & cloth and one very old "double foot " version of aluminum like below.

So I'll be chair shopping soon too. We do have a bean bag-- absolute must have for offshore runs...

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 9.49.18 AM.png

Last edited:

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Had stainless with last boat. Heavy and a pain to deal with. Went aluminum with this boat,,, much better. Nothing wrong with aluminum, just spray them down when you're washing the boat.