Standard VHF Radio parts HELP???

gradywhite248

Reaction score
I have a Few year old Standard VHF radio and it still in great working order the only issue is the rubber cover for the push to talk switch in broken. Anyone know where I can get one? looked on the web abd could not come up with anything?
Radio Part # GX1265S
Mic Part # CMP349W.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• mic.jpg
    mic.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,058

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You didn't mention if you tried contacting SH - I would start with that. There's probably a contact phone number in your manual. If you can't get just that piece, you might have to settle for a new microphone or fabbing something up to work as a button.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
You can send it to Yaesu, the mic will be NLA, and you get to pay 'em $35 plus shipping if you want it back. Worst CS support I've seen recently . Or keep an Ebay lookout for a 'parts' unit that has a compatible mic ...

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
S/H customer service has always been good to me. That's why I buy their stuff over ICOM.

Call them up and see what they say.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
S/H customer service has always been good to me.

:uhm I'm thinking you haven't had a problem with a unit that's not current production. Seems if one doesn't have a Class D unit, little support (if any) can be expected from Yaesu. It is what it is ...

gradywhite248

Reaction score
OK called Standard (Yaesu) today. Tech service found the part number and they actually still had the cover in stock. $1:57. What a deal.

Thanks for the help.....

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised, but glad you got lucky ... :goodjob