starboard deck drains on a 27' 1994 sailfish sportbridge

LOBSTERGUTTS

Reaction score
i just replaced all of the deck drains, thru hulls, and the weird little vent (that could sink you) running from the motor well to the cave just above the trim tabs on the bottom of the hull. -great! i cut an 8" by 11" hole to fit an access hatch of that size in the vertical wall behind the transom door on the starboard side. WELL you can see the scupper outlets and that very end of both hoses, feel the closest deck drain, but with all my might can barely stretch to feel, nevermind remove the hose, or replace the deck drain further away. i am very disappointed in any boat manufacturer namely grady white that stops here in their engineering skills-------------so now what do i do ? these need to be replaced! come on grady step up to the plate, pay for someone to do this for me! it's going to have to be houdini, my life is in your hands i await your response, how many sailfis have already sunk because of your engineering skills?

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Didn't you already post something like this before?

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
come on grady step up to the plate, pay for someone to do this for me!

:huh 18 yo boat and you expect Grady to do your preventive maintenance on a boat that met BIA standards when produced? I'm betting they won't pay to have it waxed, either ... :wink:

LOBSTERGUTTS

Reaction score
do you think bia standards required that any hoses below deck that have the potental to allow water to enter and sink or swamp a boat should be required to have access or at least the ability to be seen for inspection came into being after the last sailfish scooted off grady's assembly line? it's not just the "18 year old boat" -----it's all of them!--- don't shoot the messenger.

jabroni

Reaction score
Curmudgeon, you are a pimple on the ass of progress. An investment is an investment - 18-years-old or 1-year-old, don't you think if a boat could potentially sink at no fault other than the Grady White engineers, that they should take some ownership as well for building a product that has problems that are nearly impossible to repair? Get off your high horse and go back to sipping your appletini.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Who convinced you owning a boat was easy? Just about all (if not all) boats built 18 years ago used nylon thru hulls. Good luck blaming it on engineering. Pimple, huh, I thought I'd made it to at least a small boil ... :doh

LOBSTERGUTTS

Reaction score
humm, then why did grady white admitt that they had made a mistake, and perhaps they should have provided access, ---------thanks for your constructive inteligent response and suggestions.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you cut an 8 x 11 hole and stil can't get to the hoses, you either put the hole in the wrong spot or don't know what you're doing.

Tigercat

Reaction score
Did they put this vent thing on the 1998 Grady White F26 Tigercat also where is it located?