Starboard Fishbox and Livewell Lids

fellinger

Reaction score
Has anyone had their original fishbox and livewell lids replaced with starboard? A friend of mine owns a holster company and has a CNC machine. I was going to check

Fishtales

Reaction score
I replaced on on my old 282. It came out fine. I glued and press fit a couple of pems on the back side for the screws to grab.

Reactions: fellinger

fellinger

Reaction score
Do you have any photos? I was concerned about how to router the underside to site over the "seal" and create lip.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Sorry, I misread your initial post. I thought you were talking about the cutting boards on top of the lids, not the lids themselves. I made those in the past.

As for the lids. Provided you can find thick enough starboard, I would think it could work. You'd probably have to bond a piece around the edge to create the lip versus trying to router it. There was someone here who made molds from the existing lids and built his own replacements out of gelcoat and fiberglass. Might want to look for the thread.

ltid8732

Reaction score
i replaced my livewell lid on my 300 marlin with 3/4 starboard and it works great and looks awesome, gonna replace the lid on the anchor locker next. 3/4 is the perfect thickness for mine

fellinger

Reaction score
i replaced my livewell lid on my 300 marlin with 3/4 starboard and it works great and looks awesome, gonna replace the lid on the anchor locker next. 3/4 is the perfect thickness for mine

Nice! Turns out my niece's husband has access to a large CNC machine at work. We cut the livewell, stern seat and fish boxes last week. They are getting the bullnose added today and doing a shark and tuna inlay on the fish box lids and American flag on the stern seat. We used 1.5" anti-skid Starboard. I hope see completed pictures today.

ltid8732

Reaction score
Nice! Turns out my niece's husband has access to a large CNC machine at work. We cut the livewell, stern seat and fish boxes last week. They are getting the bullnose added today and doing a shark and tuna inlay on the fish box lids and American flag on the stern seat. We used 1.5" anti-skid Starboard. I hope see completed pictures today.
great love to see pictures when done

Fishtales

Reaction score
Very nice. The only concern I would have is dirt and debris in the design. Other than that, very sharp.

greauxpete

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Stumbled on this post.
I like how the hatches turned out.

Do you have a contact that could give me a price? Need to replace my fishbox hatch on my 268 Islander.