Starboard floor drain / Fishbox drain

jmbadge

Reaction score
Hello fellow boaters, I Need to replace the Starboard floor drain and starboard fishbox drain in my 1989 overnighter. Could i gain acess by cutting a hole in the storage area floor under the helm seat ? Any feedback would be greatly appreaciated.. J.B.

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
On my 89 Overnighter, there was a 6" screw-in access cover on the sidewall by the floor drain. With it open, I could reach the thru=hull and with a little contortion, the floor drain. To replace the fishbox drain, I ended up cutting a hole in the bottom of the fish box and covering it with a 6" cover. I would not have been able to reach if I'd cut through under the seat. It was a real bear to get the elbow off the hose and the new one on. Can't imagine triyng to do it from any other access.

Gary 93 Gulfstream :hmm

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Might want to consider a plan 'B'. I had an idea to replace the scupper fittings and floor drain hoses on my '86 T-22. Being your basic hammer mechanic, I checked with Grady just in case I broke something. Sure enough, the floor drains (two piece, screw together) are no longer available ... :doh

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My Grady dealer, Southeastern Marine in Richmond, VA was able to get me both the floor drain and the one for the fish box. The fish box drain is actually a sink drain. Southeastern's parts manager is nothing short of amazing.

Gary 93 Gulfstream