Starboard teak door in 1989 190 Tournament

Fritzy

Reaction score
I just acquired a 1989 190 tournament and we are loving it so far. While it is mostly in good shape and the engine is running well, a boat this old is obviously not without need for some TLC. One of the projects on this boat is the need to replace some of the teak trim and the door for the cabinet under the wheel on the starboard side. I would like to stay as true to the original look as possible, so if anyone can send or point me to a picture it would be much appreciated!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Ping "jbrinch88"...he makes the stuff out of starboard....does nice work. (He did a flush mount panel for my electronics.)

Rangoonb

Reaction score
I'm one of those "nut jobs" that likes the look of teak and am willing to spend the time it requires to maintain it. I have no idea at all what the door you want to repair/replace looks like but I do have quite a supply of teak and teak parts I've acquired over the years and if there is something you can use it's yours. I need to start getting rid of some of this stuff before my wife turns me into the TV show 'Hoarders'. I'm located in central VA.

Home Team

Reaction score
Rangoonb said:
I'm one of those "nut jobs" that likes the look of teak and am willing to spend the time it requires to maintain it. I have no idea at all what the door you want to repair/replace looks like but I do have quite a supply of teak and teak parts I've acquired over the years and if there is something you can use it's yours. I need to start getting rid of some of this stuff before my wife turns me into the TV show 'Hoarders'. I'm located in central VA.

I'm with you. I've just removed all the dura trim from my 192, made templates from teak, and am varnishing now.

Fritzy

Reaction score
All - thank you for the replies. I have access to the teak but was hoping to make it as close to "original" as possible. I love the look of the teak and think it sets the finishes apart in this model vs. some of the others.

Thanks again!