Starlink on 366 Canyon

Glgardnerjr

Reaction score
Model
Advance
Anybody put Starlink on their Grady? How'd you go about it. I'm thinking Seasucker mount but not certain how to route the wiring.

Glgardnerjr

Reaction score
Model
Advance
I've seen all of that. I fish out of Galveston. Long runs to the floaters. The just-released Marine option is very affordable. $2,500 for the equipment and $250/month service will do all I want to do. I want to be able to call home when I want and I have been really unhappy with my SatPhone service connectivity.

Reactions: ECO

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a friend installing it on his Cabo but he is still in service department getting Seakeeper installed. This is in Manasquan, NJ. I’ll let you know.

On the ”Nasty Habit” F&S we’re using the KVH sat phone. Works but is expensive. We get a slow internet that we can text with.

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a friend installing it on his Cabo but he is still in service department getting Seakeeper installed. This is in Manasquan, NJ. I’ll let you know.

Installed and tested but hasn't got the boat back to really use it. Streamed 4K TV over it. Mobility Mount.

Image000001.jpeg image000002.JPG image000003.JPG image000004.JPG

seasick

Reaction score
Starlink is cracking down on folks who uses the base package away from the home port. In other words, in the agreement it states that you can not use the service while cruising. The actual wording is more complex but basically what was a good deal isn't anymore, The new Marine Option may not be as great as one might think. Read the service description and terms first before making a decision to see if the service is right for your needs.