Starting my yami after months...

jfmagana

Reaction score
So, maybe to you Midwesterners this is no big deal, but out here in California, normally, I make a practice of starting my engine (2003 Yami 225F) at least once every 1-2 weeks...regardless of whether or not I'm going out to fish. Well, we've had some major closures on the west coast recently and therefore there has been virtually nothing to fish for. Anyway, my engine sat cold for 5 months and I was afraid something was going to go wrong on start-up. Well, I put in a little Yamaha Ring Free in the gas, turned the key, and three seconds later:presto! She ran beautifully...no smoke...peed like a race horse...idled smooth as a babies butt ran solid and just as strong as normal at cruising speed. Guess modern day four strokes are pretty darn bullet proof.

seasick

Reaction score
My 2000 2 stroke 150 Saltwater sits all winter. In the spring it starts right up. I don't do any tuneup work until after it has run and warmed up. I do fog the cylinders befor storage.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I don't get it, I've been doing the same thing for the past 30 yrs with 2 strokers. Starts right up after the winter layover.

I have a 1968, 9.9 HP two stroker in storage now for 20 yrs, I expect the same when I pull the handle one day.

Less expectation of a 4 stroker, or is it just in California ?

gw204

Reaction score
I have a 10 year old weedwacker that starts on the 3rd or 4th pull after winter layup. :D

izzy

Reaction score
I have a 1978 chevy sport van that starts every spring after being laid up during the winter................and with the bad rings it has enough oil in the cylinders to be a 2 stroke.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
u really need to fogg a 2 stroke
since the gas and oil mix, it washes the oil away from the walls

other than that