Starting to regret buying this boat

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Personally, I'd rather work on my boat by myself. Enjoy taking my time and doing it to my satisfaction.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Oh, and I called 5 places in town. Two would bleed the brakes for me, for a ridiculous amount of money (like $400 just for bleeding them), but none would be able to get to them for a couple weeks
R

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Personally, I'd rather work on my boat by myself. Enjoy taking my time and doing it to my satisfaction.

Agreed, but I have never replaced an entire brake line then tried to bleed it with surge brakes and cannot tell if it still has air in it...I still see bubbles even after half a bottle of fluid. Waiting till my friend gets here tomorrow so he can pour while I bleed, then I can do it till I know it is good.

Right now starting and stopping to not drain the master cylinder may be causing issues.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Some things are a two person thing. My buddy is driving an hour to help me pull fuel tank out tomorrow. I go to his house and service his motor and helped rigging him out to fish. It's what we do. Sometimes we fish together, sometimes we're on separate boats. It all works out for us.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Oh, and I called 5 places in town. Two would bleed the brakes for me, for a ridiculous amount of money (like $400 just for bleeding them), but none would be able to get to them for a couple weeks
R
Well, that's just ridiculous. What they're really saying is "We don't want to do that because we haven't done it before and don't want to take the time or effort to "think" about it and realize that it's really no different than a car with no abs".

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yea... I got a pneumatic bleeder. Just cannot tell if it is working as I keep having to stop, close the valve, go check the fluid level, start, etc.. so, waiting for help.

R

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Last edited:

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I tried both of these:

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=brake bleeder

The first one was too much to do alone as I had replaced 30ft of brake line and drained all the fluid.. heh... so got the pneumatic.

This one seems to work, but I have to keep the cylinder filled, and it is 20+ ft away lol. so, 2-person. If it does not work, I will replace it with one of the ones you linked. For now, just waiting on more hands while I install the steadycast etc.

R