Starting

keba1973

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
I have a 2007 tournament 205. When I hooked up the batteries, the horn works, wipers work, bilge works, lights work but the motor will not turn over and the instrument panel does not go on, but the Ray Marine does. The batteries were chEcKED out and are fine. Any suggestions what to do?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Do you have a battery switch? Engine starting battery may be dead.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You didn't mention what engine you have - that would be more relevant to this issue than the boat.

Some engines, as noted, won't do anything if the kill switch is activated (or failed).

Look for a missed wire when you re-connected the batteries, as well.

How were the batteries "checked"?

Reactions: Peter A

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I missed that you were reconnecting the battery. As said, probably left off a ground wire, since there are usually more black than red. If you can’t wire tie your cables together when they are on the battery, at least run a wire tie through the terminal loops when you disconnect them for the season, and always count before you start reconnecting.

seasick

Reaction score
I missed that you were reconnecting the battery. As said, probably left off a ground wire, since there are usually more black than red. If you can’t wire tie your cables together when they are on the battery, at least run a wire tie through the terminal loops when you disconnect them for the season, and always count before you start reconnecting.
I concur, you probably left off a ground wire, perhaps the short one that ties the two negative terminals to each other.