Steering Wheel Cap for Adventure 208

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi all,

My Adventure is missing the steering wheel cap. I measured it to be 2.25” in diameter across the inside of the hole, and almost 3” in diameter across the entire center (outside edge to outside edge). I don't really know how the cap is supposed to fit on (does it secure to the inside hole, or around the outside edges?), so can anyone tell me what size I should be ordering?

Also, anyone have recommendations on where to order a new cap? I'm not looking for anything fancy, but I'm having a hard time finding anything online that looks sure to fit/work.

Thanks!

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi again,

I've just realized that not all GW steering wheels are the same. Mine is a Sea Star.

Thanks for any input!

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
Mine is a black plastic cap that looks like it just snaps into the hub. I didn't try to remove it for fear of breaking it.

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks everyone. If I don't post again on this thread, it means that cap did the job!

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
CORRECTION: It seems that the cap in the link above (like all others I'm finding online) is too wide. It's 2.5" across, whereas the opening in the center of my steering wheel is about 2.25". I should have noticed that before ordering it, but since it's already here, I'm going to see if I can whittle it down to size. If not, I'll continue looking for a smaller cap. Just sent an email to Sea Star to find out why my wheel's center seems to be smaller than the standard size of 2.5".

brian92288

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Jonah, where you ever able to find a matching cap? Mine is about 2 1/4 inches as well and I'm having a hard time finding it.

seasick

Reaction score
Mine is a black plastic cap that looks like it just snaps into the hub. I didn't try to remove it for fear of breaking it.
Careful, there may be a allen set screw that hold it in place.

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I turned one from oak on my lathe and epoxied it in years ago

B_Darling

Reaction score
Model
Adventure

Paul_A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I gave up trying to find a correct replacement so I took a tennis ball and cut it in half and stuffed it in.

Looks... but everyone who sees it laughs so I got that going for me.

Paul_A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
My 95 Adventure 208 center cap insert tab has broken off and am having a hard time finding a replacement center cap (2-1/4"). Have you had any luck? I am seeing car hub cap centers at 2-1/4" on amazon, i wonder if that would work?

That looks great, I may have to upgrade.... lol