Steering Wheel Replacement

arctic_f250

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace an old steering wheel on a 2003 boat I was considering buying to the modern style the new Grady's have. What size do I need and where can I buy a authentic Grady wheel?

Thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi
I believe Schmidt makes them for GW. They are stainless but are manufactured in China. You can buy them from a lot of retailers and some have the integrated trac ball (suicide knob) included.

They are cheaper than Edson and work just fine. I changed one on a 2002 GW and didn't need a wheel puller. Just a few tools and a rubber hammer to loosen it up. Took about 10 minutes.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
I went with the 15.5 on the 02 sailfish. If I had to do it again, I would have gone with the 13.5 to give me a little more room as it was tight in the helm area and with the tilt steering the 2" would have helped.

I think the stock wheel is 15.5" you can measure the diameter of the current one. If space isn't an issue, the 15.5 is probably a better one, but it up to you....

I checked the website quick and the vision model is the one with the integrated ball.